Teaching with Technology
The Caltech Center for Teaching, Learning, & Outreach supports faculty & TAs on designing, implementing, and evaluating educational technologies in classes and outreach programs.
Downloadable Infographic: Overview Caltech Instructional Technology Tools and Resources, updated September 2017.
For publicly available online educational materials, please visit www.online.caltech.edu.
Caltech offers several online teaching tools. We will continue to update this area as new resources become available.
A Learning Management System (LMS) available for building and managing web-based resources for Caltech courses. Includes announcements, files, course calendar, discussion forums, and more.
- To learn more about Moodle, visit https://moodle.org/support/
- To request a Moodle site for your course, visit http://www.imss.caltech.edu/node/757
- To login to Caltech's Moodle system, visit https://courses.caltech.edu/
MOOCs on Coursera and edX:
Designed for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), Coursera and edX Include many of the same features as other LMSs, plus exapnded options for videos and transcripts; self-test questions, automatically graded quizzes and assignments, and large-scale peer review; and social/instructor features in discussion forums. It is also possible to use a MOOC platform for special cohorts of Caltech students, alumni, or others.
- To read a 2017 MOOC update explaining the proposal process and support, click here.
- To learn more about MOOC platforms, either for open online courses or special cohorts, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see Caltech's current MOOCs, visit www.online.caltech.edu.
Academic Media Technologies:
Explore additional resources and services, including audio visual and digital media solutions complementing online teaching, with Caltech's Academic Media Technologies office.
To explore additional online teaching methods and resources, please contact email@example.com.