Ignite Your Teaching: New Ideas in Practice
Introductory remarks by David Tirrell, Provost; Ross McCollum-William H. Corcoran Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering; Carl and Shirley Larson Provostial Chair
Thursday, January 17, 2019: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. Location: Noyes 153 (J. Holmes Sturdivant Lecture Hall)
In this dynamic series of short talks, Caltech faculty will share the new ideas that they have been developing and implementing in their classes including experiments in active learning, community-engaged learning, novel demonstrations and activities, online approaches, and learning through virtual reality. Participants will have an opportunity to consider take-away ideas and how these inspiring examples will influence their own teaching practices.
- Evan Kirby: Assistant Professor of Astronomy
- Claire Ralph: Lecturer in Computing and Mathematical Sciences; Outreach Director Computing & Mathematical Sciences
- Justin Bois: Lecturer in Biology and Biological Engineering
- Chiara Daraio: Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Physics
- George Djorgovski: Professor of Astronomy; Director, Center for Data Driven Discovery; Executive Officer for Astronomy and Santiago Lombeyda: Computational Scientist, Center for Data-Driven Discovery
Part of TeachWeek Caltech, a campus-wide celebration of teaching and learning, featuring events and discussions with Caltech faculty and students, as well as distinguished guest presenters. All events are open to the entire Caltech community.
For more information, please phone 8427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org