Home / About / Who We Serve / Graduate Students & Postdocs
Graduate Students & Postdocs
The Caltech Center for Teaching, Learning, and Outreach offers support to Graduate Students and Postdocs by providing resources, consultation services, courses and seminars.
- Graduate Teaching Assistants Orientation during the Fall Teaching Conference, which is integrated into Graduate Orientation Week.
- Resources and opportunities for educational outreach with PreK-12 schools and students.
- The ABCs of Course Design, a short course for graduate students, post-docs and others at Caltech who are hoping to be the instructor of record for a course or interested in course design.
- The Caltech Project for Effective Teaching (CPET), a graduate student-led group offering seminars and discussions on teaching several times each quarter.
- Certificates in University Teaching, varying in level of commitment and scope from exploring interest to demonstrating teaching practices.
- Credit-bearing, graduate course on University Teaching in STEM (open to postdoc auditors who commit to full participation).
Visit University Teaching for more information!
Our center also offers a number of opportunities to connect to the broader educational community in Pasadena and beyond. PreK-12 outreach support includes:
- Coordination and support for teaching and lecturing opportunities in the local community.
- Mentoring and tutoring opportunities with local middle and high school students.
- Educational outreach office support for development and implementation of hands-on demonstrations and lessons designed for PreK-12 students.
- Coordination and support for campus clubs that bring PreK-12 students and families to campus or that visit local PreK-12 schools.
- Seminars and workshops for students interested in outreach.
- Opportunities to host high school students in labs for summer research.
- Consultation on development and implementation of broader impacts components of grant applications.
Visit Outreach for more information!