The Caltech Innovation in Education Fund is designed to support Caltech faculty developing new courses, implementing innovative and evidence-based teaching methods, upgrading educational facilities, or pursuing other new academic activities.
- Innovation in Education projects may improve undergraduate and/or graduate instruction.
- The Provost's office especially encourages new proposals that will have an impact on the undergraduate curriculum, teaching, and learning, in the Core Curriculum and otherwise.
- The Fund is not designed to sustain ongoing programs.
- Proposals for smaller projects (under $5,000) are accepted and funded on a rolling basis.
- Proposals for larger projects for the 2019-2020 academic year should be submitted by Monday, July 1, 2019 for consideration by the fall term.
- Proposals should include a brief description of the proposed activity, anticipated outcomes for students, and a budget.
- Normally, some cost sharing between the fund and the academic division is expected. Please inquire about your particular project if you have questions.
- The proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to the appropriate division chair.
CTLO staff are available to consult on proposals before submission: please contact email@example.com
to inquire about designing projects to address your teaching objectives, integrating innovative methods in your classes, and other questions you may have.