A variety of awards and prizes recognize excellence in teaching among faculty, instructors, mentors, and teaching assistants.
- Richard P. Feynman Prize for Excellence in Teaching, the Institute's highest teaching award for faculty.
- Associated Students of the California Institute of Technology (ASCIT) Teaching Awards, for Course Instructors and TAs.
- Graduate Student Council Teaching and Mentoring Awards, for Course Instructors, Mentors, and TAs.
- Outstanding TA Commendations, Offices of the
Graduate Dean and Registrar, recognizes TAs on the basis of students' TQFR comments.
Biology and Biological Engineering:
- BBE Teaching Excellence Awards, given by the Student Committee for Biological Advancement (SCUBA) to faculty and teaching assistants who go above and beyond to better teach, encourage, and inspire their students.
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- CCE Division Teaching Assistant Award, recognizing graduate students in honor of their exceptional teaching assistantship contributions and dedication; announced each year at the McCoy Award Symposium the day before commencement.
Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Northrop Grumman Prize for Excellence in Teaching, recognizing an EAS professor or lecturer who demonstrates unusual ability, creativity, and innovation in undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- Ernest E. Sechler Memorial Award in Aeronautics, given to the graduate student who has made the most significant contribution to the GALCIT teaching and research effort each year.
- Charles Babcock Memorial Award, given to the graduate
student whose achievements in teaching (or other assistance to students) have
made a significant contribution to the Aeronautics program.
Geological and Planetary Sciences
- Richard H. Jahns Teaching Award, recognizing outstanding achievement as a graduate teaching assistant.
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Brass Division Award, HSS, recognizing teaching, mentoring, or other activity by members of the Division of Humanities and Social Sciences that enhances learning among Caltech undergraduate and graduate students.
Physics, Mathematics, and Astronomy
- Apostol Award for Excellence in Teaching in Mathematics, for Graduate and Undergraduate teachers
- R. Bruce Stewart Prize for Excellence in Teaching Physics, for Graduate TAs
- Scott Russell Johnson Achievement Awards, for excellence in Graduate Teaching in Mathematics