Most CPET seminars are video recorded for viewing by the Caltech community as desired. Click on the seminar below to view the video.
Note: Students may not view a video for the CPET Certificate program, seminars toward this program must be participated in person.
Links to Selected Seminars
- A Language Whose Characters are Triangles, Rob Phillips, Recipient of the 2021 Feynman Prize for Excellence in Teaching
- How do I know it works? Evidence-based pedagogies for undergraduate STEM, Kelsey Metzger, University of Minnesota Rochester
- Telescope to Microscope: Examining Crucial Teaching Practices Across Scales, Dr. Ben Wiggins, University of Washington
- Tales from the Trenches: Teaching Astronomy at a California Community College, Professor Jennifer Krestow, Glendale Community College Professor
- The Development of Research and Teaching Philosophy Statements, Professor Armand R. Tanguay, Jr., Professor of Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Ophthalmology, Physics and Astronomy; Neuroscience Graduate Program; University of Southern California
- Making the Most of the Ratio -- How to Teach an Effective Seminar or Reading Course, Professor Paul Asimow, Caltech Professor of Geology and Geochemistry, 2011-12 Feynman Prize Recipient
- Teaching & Learning at Caltech: Evidence, Values, and Vision
- Dr. Cassandra Volpe Horii, Caltech Director of Teaching and Learning Programs.
- The Art of Scientific Presentations
- Professor Armand R. Tanguay, Jr., Professor of Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Ophthalmology, Physics and Astronomy; Neuroscience Graduate Program; University of Southern California
- Benefits and Strategies for Science Outreach in Our Local Public Schools
- James Maloney, Caltech Classroom Connection Coordinator
- Getting Students to Teach Themselves, Instead of Lecturing at Them All the Time
- Professor J. Morgan Kousser, Professor of History and Social Science at the California Institute of Technology