STEM Teaching Network: CIRTL
How to create a free CIRTL account:
- Visit https://www.cirtl.net/users/sign_up/account
- Enter the information requested. Use your Caltech email. Please do not reuse passwords from Caltech or other accounts.
- In response to "What University are you part of?" choose "California Institute of Technology"
Visit course pages for more information about session dates and registration.
- MOOC: An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching. 8-week Massive Open Online Course through edX. Unlimited enrollment. Typically offered in summer and fall.
- MOOC: Advancing Learning Through Evidence-Based STEM Teaching. 8-week Massive Open Online Course through edX. Unlimited enrollment. Typically offered in winter/spring (starting late January).
- Synchronous Course: The College Classroom. 12-week course with live online class meetings. Limited enrollment. Typically offered in fall.
- Synchronous Course: Research Mentor Training. 6-week course with live online class meetings. Limited enrollment. Typically offered in early spring.
MOOC course overviews and materials are also available at https://www.stemteachingcourse.org/.
Caltech is a member of the CIRTL Network
The CIRTL (Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning) Network includes 42 research universities implementing and advancing evidence-based teaching practices for diverse learners in STEM. This network organizes events, courses, and learning resources for graduate students, post-docs, and future STEM faculty.
Check out the CIRTL event schedule for topics that intersect with your teaching goals and take the opportunity to learn from a diverse range of STEM educators beyond Caltech. CIRTL offerings are free to Caltech participants.
CIRTL Events and Caltech Certificates in University Teaching
Selected CIRTL events may be eligible for use in the Caltech Project for Effective Teaching (CPET) Certificate of Interest in University Teaching. Please check the CPET page and be sure to join the CPET Email List to receive updates and information about which CIRTL events are eligible.
Below is the info and events feed from CIRTL: